Rohit P. Prasankumar
Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies
Science Thrust: Nanophotonics
MPA-CINT, MS K771
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Undergraduate: University of Texas at Austin; Electrical Engineering, B. S., 1997
Graduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering, M. S., 1999
Graduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering, Ph. D 2003
Rohit’s research focuses on the measurement of ultrafast dynamics in complex functional materials at frequencies ranging from the ultraviolet to the far-infrared. His current activities center on time-resolved measurements of quasiparticle dynamics under a broad range of experimental conditions in semiconductor nanostructures, particularly nanowires and quantum dots, and strongly correlated electron systems such as superconductors, manganites, and multiferroics. He is also interested in exploring the properties and applications of nanoplasmonic and metamaterial devices on ultrashort time scales.
- Ultrafast Dynamics in Semiconductor Nanowires, R. P. Prasankumar, P. C. Upadhya, A. J. Taylor, Physica Status Solidi(b) 246, 1973 (2009). (invited review article)
- Sub-Picosecond Optical Switching with a Negative Index Metamaterial, K. M. Dani, Z. Ku, P. C. Upadhya, R. P. Prasankumar, S. R. J. Brueck, A. J. Taylor, Nano Letters, in press (2009).
- Ultrafast Electron and Hole Dynamics in Germanium Nanowires, R. P. Prasankumar, S. G. Choi, S. A. Trugman, S. T. Picraux, A. J. Taylor, Nano Letters 8, 1619 (2008).
- Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics in an InAs/InGaAs Quantum-Dots-in-a-Well Heterostructure, R. P. Prasankumar, R. S. Attaluri, R. D. Averitt, J. Urayama, N. Weisse-Bernstein, P. Rotella, A. Stintz, S. Krishna, A. J. Taylor,” Optics Express, 16, 1165 (2008).
- Carrier Dynamics in Self-Assembled ErAs Nanoislands Embedded in GaAs Measured by Optical Pump-THz Probe Spectroscopy, R. P. Prasankumar, A. Scopatz, D. J. Hilton, A. J. Taylor, R. D. Averitt, J. Zide, A. C. Gossard, Applied Physics Letters86, 201105 (2005).
- Coupled Charge-Spin Dynamics in the Magnetoresistive Pyrochlore Tl2Mn2O7 Probed Using Ultrafast Midinfrared Spectroscopy, R. P. Prasankumar, H. Okamura, H. Imai, Y. Shimakawa, Y. Kubo, S. A. Trugman, A. J. Taylor, R. D. Averitt, Physical Review Letters 95, 267404 (2005).
Selected User Projects
- Carrier Dynamics in Type-II InAs/GaSb Nanoscale Superlattice Sensors, Sanjay Krishna, UNM
- Optical Components Using Left-Handed Plasmonic Waveguides, Amr Helmy, Toronto
- Tracking Carrier Dynamics in Nitride-Based Nanowires, George Wang, SNL