Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies
Science Thrust: Nanoscale Electronics & Mechanics
MPA-CINT, MS K771
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Education and Training
Undergraduate: University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia Physics, BS, 1993
Graduate: University of Florida Physics, PhD, 2000
Linear and nonlinear optics on the nanoscale, near metallic and semiconductor nanostructures, broadband/ultrafast nanoplasmonics, spatio-temporal control of localized electromagnetic fields, dynamics of ultrashort pulses in dielectric and metallic waveguides, optical soltons and their interaction in waveguides, photonic crystals and photonic crystal fibers, time-spectrally-resolved visualzation of optical pulses in waveguides, visible and infrared supercontinuum generation, measurement and application, nonlinear optics in the infrared, quantum coherent control with adaptive feedback and pulse shaping
- Z. Chen, A. J. Taylor, A. Efimov “Coherent mid-infrared broadband continuum generation in non-uniform ZBLAN fiber taper” Opt. Express 17, 5852 (2009).
- A. Efimov, “Fundamental nonlinear-optical interactions in photonic fibers: time-spectral visualization,” Laser Physics, 18, 667 (2008).
- A. Efimov and A. J. Taylor, “Supercontinuum generation and soliton timing jitter in SF6 soft glass photonic crystal fibers, ” Opt. Express 16, 5942 (2008).
- A. Efimov, A. Yulin, D. Skryabin, J. C. Knight, N. Joly, F. Omenetto, A. J. Taylor, P. Russell, “Interaction of an optical soliton with a dispersive wave,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 213902 (2005).
- Anatoly Efimov, A. J. Taylor, F. G. Omenetto, Evgeny Vanin, “Adaptive control of femtosecond soliton self-frequency shift in fibers,” Opt. Lett. 29, 271 (2004).
- W. H. Reeves, D. V. Skryabin, F. Biancalana, J. C. Knight, P. St. J. Russell, F. G. Omenetto, A. Efimov, A. J. Taylor, “Transformation and control of ultra-short pulses in dispersion-engineered photonic crystal fibers,” Nature 424, 511 (2003).
Selected User Projects
- Optically Pumped Quantum Dot Fibre Laser, H. Yu, University of Sydney
- Nanotechnology for the dispersion engineering in waveguide nonlinear devices, D. Kane, Southwest Sciences
- Quantum Control of Energy Localization in Nanoparticulate Energetic Materials, D. Moore, Los Alamos National Laboratory